Did you know that oregano essential oil is the ultimate natural antibiotic known to science? Oregano is a powerful herb with incredible healing abilities. In fact, oregano possesses three times more antioxidants than blueberries. Our bodies need antioxidants to protect against free radical damage.
Why oregano essential oil is the ultimate antibiotic
The most significant primary compound in the oil of oregano is carvacrol. As a matter of fact, carvacrol has been the focus of over 800 studies referenced in PubMed, the world’s No. 1 database for scientific evidence-based literature.
In multiple studies, carvacrol has been found to be a potent antibacterial against many strains of bacteria. It is believed to work by destroying the cell membranes of bacteria and stopping them from replicating. The most amazing part about carvacrol is that it only destroys harmful bacteria while keeping beneficial probiotic bacteria intact.
This is very important because when you take a conventional antibiotic. Conventional antibiotics destroy the trillions of bacteria which our bodies need for a lot of functions such as proper digestion of food and mood. In fact, regular antibiotics destroy our gut which can lead to depression, anxiety, autism, diabetes, and more.
Oregano essential oil contains four main groups of chemicals which are active healing agents. They function as antiseptics and antioxidants. They possess antiseptic, antiviral, anesthetic, anti-inflammatory properties.
Linalool and borneol are two long-chain alcohols concentrated in oregano oil. They contain antiviral and antiseptic properties. Esters include linalyl acetate and geranyl acetate. They exhibit antifungal properties.
The benefits of oregano oil
Oregano oil is effective in treating a variety of conditions including lung conditions (asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis), colds/flu, ear infections, candida, arthritis, animal bites, tuberculosis, rashes, giardia, sore throat, and diarrhea just to name a few.
- It can kill organisms that contribute to the development of skin infections and problems with digestion, urinary, bladder, and food poisoning.
- It stimulates the immune system.
- It increases the connection and flexibility of muscles.
- It improves respiratory health. In cases of shortness of breath or pulmonary disease, puffs of oil will help your breathing in.
- It can be used for skin conditions like acne, dandruff, and athletes foot.
- Oregano oil can also help cold sores, muscle pains, and joint pains.
How to choose Oregano essential oil
When you’re buying oregano essential oil, look for oil that contains the highest percentage of carvacrol. Carvacrol percentages are normally between 50 and 85 percent. Only buy 100 percent pure, raw, unprocessed, additive-free oregano oil. Steam-distilled oregano oil is higher in quality!
How to take Oregano essential oil
Though it’s all natural, oregano oil is still an antibiotic. You should only take it for the short time. The oil of oregano can be used topically, diffused or taken internally.
1. Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink to relieve a sore throat or treat a systematic infection.
2. Mix 2-3 drops of oregano oil with small amount of coconut oil or aloe vera gel, and apply on acne, nail fungus, cold sores, shingles or psoriasis skin condition. Do not use oregano oil on sensitive or broken skin as it may cause a burning sensation. With every application, use a clean cotton pad to avoid spreading the bacteria.
3. Mix same parts of oregano oil with career oil such as organic olive oil or coconut oil and apply to sore muscles, aches, and backaches for relief.
4. Add 3-4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink 2-3 times daily before meals to strengthen your immune system when you’re feeling under the weather.
5. Add 1-2 drops of oregano oil on your toothbrush with toothpaste, for killing bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.
Guidelines for taking Oregano essential oil
Before taking oregano oil, put a drop of it on your arm to make sure there is no reaction. Add 3-4 drops of 100 percent therapeutic grade oregano oil in a glass of water and drink 2-3 times daily before meals. For some people, these few drops may cause a little burning sensation in the mouth. So, if you cannot handle it, lower the number of drops.
Only take it orally for 7 to 10 days at a time. If necessary, take a 7-day break, and continue another 7 to 10 days. Oregano oil is so potent that it must not be taken on a long-term basis.
The advantage of natural antibiotics is that they don’t cause any side effects as they don’t kill the good probiotic bacteria, thus can only improve the health of your gut flora.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!